Friday, September 9, 2011

Tomato Soup

This afternoon I made one of my favorite soups for dinner.  It's so easy and tasty that I thought I would share.  I adapted the recipe from this one I found at Pots and Pins



I follow the basic recipe as outlined, but I use dill instead of italian seasoning, and don't add the cheese.  I found that the cheese gave it a texture that I didn't care for. Today I substituted a mixture of sour cream and whole milk for the cream called for and it turned out great.



I usually make a double batch and freeze half in containers that hold two servings.  It is SO much better than canned soup for an easy lunch and doesn't take too long to thaw if I put it directly into a sauce pan on the stove.

We enjoyed some of my homemade bread from the freezer.  I put it in the oven to get warm and crusty. 

The best part of dinner was that Big G caught an early flight home and ate with me!  He also got a chance to play with his very excited little boy before bedtime.


Even Little G enjoyed some soup.  He ate his bread and soup mixed together to make using a utensil easier for a little guy and even asked for "moe" when he finished his first bowl!

No comments: