Thursday, August 11, 2011

25 Things About Me

1.  My family is my top priority.
2.  Sometimes I am still surprised they let us go home with a baby and now we are expected to raise him without messing him up.  It's a lot of pressure even 18 months down the road.
3.  While I am persnickety about some things, there are lots of things that aren't on my radar to worry about.  Which things fall into which category is probably surprising at times. 
4. My hubs (Big G) is the best husband and daddy ever.  I'm sorry if you were under the impression that it was your guy.
5. My son (Little G) is the light of my life.  Sometimes now I wonder what we used to do with ourselves before he was here.  Except I do remember the sleep and free time.  Well, maybe it is coming back to me, but this is way better anyway!
6.  I always thought I would have little girls because I had no idea what to do with a boy.
7.  Sometimes we make plans and God laughs.  Having children is a prime example of this.
8.  Now I can't imagine if Little G had been a girl.
9.  One of my favorite snacks is popcorn.
10. I love to save money.  Or at least to feel like I'm saving it. 
11.  I put a lot of effort into planning shopping trips to spend as little as possible on groceries, toiletries, medicine and baby care items (diapers!!).  It's a game I like to play with myself.
12.  I have very little problem forking out money for items that are my splurges.
13.  I love Kiehls Ultimate Strength Hand Salve.  It is worth the price.
14.  I use drugstore moisturizer (Purpose).
15.  I hate to pay more than $15 for a shirt for myself.  It has to be pretty special for me to break that rule. 
16.  I am not into status purses or sunglasses. 
17.  I have a very hard time shopping for purses and sunglasses because I can almost never find one that fits my requirements which basically include that it be exactly like my last purse.
18.  I'm shy around new people.
19.  I love to shop for fabric. 
20.  I don't always love to sew with the fabric I purchase.  I have a lot of fabric.  Sometimes just looking at it satisfies my creative urge.
21.  I love to read craft blogs and come up with grand plans of things I'm going to make.
22.  I can conservatively estimate that approximately 1% of those plans become reality.
23.  I love to cook.
24.  I am a procrastinator. 
25.  I am a perfectionist.  I had a blog partially set up for months but never launched it because I couldn't get the design the way I wanted it.  I would rather not have it than have it be wrong.

No comments: