Friday, August 26, 2011

Ladder Hill Designs Tinkle Time Trainer Pants Pattern Review

You've no doubt been waiting with baited breath for the update on the training pants I've been making for Little G.  Well, the wait is over and without further ado here is the finished product:


I think they are cute, although the more astute among you (you know who you are), will notice that the print is upside down on the front and right side up on the back.  I'm going to blame that on the one year old who was "helping" me while I tried to get the pieces for these pants cut.  He helped by hanging off of my body, yelling and in general doing whatever he could do to transfer my attention from the fabric to himself.  I guess I should really just be appreciative that it's only upside down!




They have adjustable side snaps so they can grow a little as he does and they can pull on/off OR snap on/off in case of accidents.  There is an absorbant lining between the inner and out layers of cotton knit, as well as a layer of waterproof fabric inside so that wet accidents are somewhat contained. 

Little G's verdict is.... drumroll please........


He likes them!! I tried them on and they fit him and he didn't want to take them off!  I'm hoping it's a positive sign.  Now to work on the courage to put them on him without a diaper underneath. 

Here's a random pic of our crazy guy being his goofy little self.



Here is the pattern I used.  It is the Tinkle Time Trainer by Ladder Hill Designs and I recommend it.  There are several pieces to cut out, but the directions are very detailed and there are several choices on style, materials, etc. 

I also purchased a new pair of snap pliers and some snaps from Kam Snaps and they made all the difference in applying the snaps.  At no point did I want to throw them out the window or yell and gnash my teeth. 

I'm temporarily declaring these a success.  I'll withhold final judgement until we actually use them!

No comments: